Website Design Sprint
Do you need to launch your website like YESTERDAY?
What if you could get it all turned around in 2 weeks so that you can get on with the important stuff like getting clients and making money?
The Website Design Sprint will help you to create a lead-generating website for your business. We’ll look at what you’re currently working with and put a plan together, then we get to work creating it!
2 weeks!! How long has “website” been on your to-do list?
What if 2 weeks from now you have your website functioning, sharable and getting enquiries from potential clients?
Here’s how it works
Look at what you’re working with and what you’re working towards.
Decide on the design style and core message that suits your goals.
We’ll create your website content page by page, together.
We’ll build mobile-friendly + Google-friendly pages on your site, together.
We’ll test our work with a real audience to make sure it’s effective.
We launch it to the world!
This process can take months with the traditional design and digital marketing process. The Website Design Sprint gets it done in 2 weeks! (Yeah! I know!)
I’m really excited to be offering this as a service. I have already seen it produce incredible results. If this sounds like something you need right now for your business, let’s jump on a call to see if it’s right for you right now.
(Please note: Due to the intensity of this framework, it’s only suitable for those who are willing to commit to the process and follow along with the assignments.)
About the Design Sprint
A design sprint is a time-constrained, five-phase process that uses design thinking with the aim of reducing the risk when bringing a new product, service or a feature to the market. It has been developed by Jake Knapp at GV.
Basically, The Design Sprint is a process that allows you to use momentum to get a goal-driven project launched in a short space of time.
Check out the book here: https://www.thesprintbook.com/
The original process, designed for Google Venture (GV) startups, is contained in 5 days. For people who are working alone, and can’t dedicate a full week to the project due to other commitments, I’ve taken inspiration from this framework and spread it out over 2 weeks, working remotely over Zoom and using Google Drive to record all the assets and discussions.
About my 2 Week Remote Website Design Sprint
I’m in the south of France (poor me, right?) but I work with people all over the world to make websites. I have a young family so I choose not to travel too much. I virtually meet a lot of people who struggle to find time to work on their websites.
It’s true, if you don’t have an in-house team it is hard to find:
- A designer who ‘gets you’
- A copywriter who can write in your brand voice
- A developer who answers your emails promptly
And it’s a huge pain in the neck to co-ordinate the whole thing, stick to a budget all while still serving clients. With all the other demands on your time, it’s no wonder that “Website” stays on the to-do list for months, even years!
Enter the Sprint!
When I first read about the Design Sprint I felt that I had found the solution.
A website isn’t just a collection of pages that presents your offer and information on how to contact you. A website is a way to show people who need your services that they have found what they’re looking for. An effective website is one that resonates, connects and inspires action.
Messaging, positioning, visual style, copy, offerings, technical platform, lead generation strategy, legal disclaimers…. I could go on. These are all elements that you need to create or learn for a website and it’s so easy to get lost in the details and in perfectionism.
Deadlines for the win
Me old Dad used to say:
“If you don’t have a deadline, nothing gets done”
The Sprint is all about the deadline. Little deadlines on decisions big and small. Make the decision and build on it. Move on to the next thing without getting caught up in perfectionism. You can’t possibly know the right decision until you test it with the real humans it was created for. And guess what? TEST is a super-important part of the Sprint process. I find that this really helps us to create something that is customer focussed.
From day one we’re thinking about who this website is for because we literally have a ‘date with 5 of them at the end of the Sprint. When we test, we invite 5 people to interact with the site.
From day one we are thinking about these human beings. How they speak about their problem, how tech savvy they are, what they really need. It sets the tone for the whole project. Making decisions becomes so much more natural and obvious.
- (Start at the end + Map) Set the goal of the website and map it out from the potential customer’s point of view.
- (Sketch + Storyboard) Wireframe the site content and draft the page by page content (this works really well for a specific marketing campaign too). We’re not building the site yet, we’re creating all the content and sketching it all out bit by bit.
- (Storyboard) Decide on a visual style by creating a mood board of colours, fonts, image styles and layout inspiration.
- Find 5 people who would fit the profile of an ‘ideal client’ – preferably not friends or family members.
- (Prototype) Get to building. WordPress is my main developmental platform but if you already have a set up on Squarespace or another platform we’ll use that. We all about the deadline here, so the least faffing around with tech possible.
- (Prototype continued) We fine tune copy and graphics page by page and make sure that all the buttons work and that everything works on mobile.
- (Interview) We invite 5 people to interact with the site and offer feedback.
- (Learn) We implement the feedback from our testers and LAUNCH!
Who does the work?
- We collaborate on all the decisions
- We co-create copy and visuals during the sessions
- I will set up the technical fiddly stuff that you don’t need to learn
- You will gather assets like images, style ideas, and any copy already created
The 2-week Website Design Sprint is perfect if
- You need to get your first website up and running
- You need to overhaul an ineffective, out-of-date website
- If you have a half-done, homemade site and you can’t stand to look at it anymore
- Or if you want to add a lead-generation strategy to a site to increase your number of monthly leads.
“Great innovation is built on existing ideas, repurposed with vision.”
― Jake Knapp, Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
2 weeks is a very short time. What we create in that time is a starting point to be tested and built upon. The fact that you are involved in every element of the Website Design Sprint means that you know why things are there, how things work and what questions remain to be answered. We can continue to work together after the Sprint, (at a less intense speed!) or you can take what you’ve learned so that you can build up a fully functioning lead-generation machine for your business!
Your homepage should make your site visitor feel like they've found what they're looking for so that they connect with you, become leads and paying clients.
The bad news is that you have a matter of seconds to make that first impression!
Use this exact formula (template + video guide) to transform your homepage and consistently get new leads and clients!