Improving the user-friendlyness of an eCommerce website with loyal customer base.
Make a more branded website for DressFabrics.ie improve the eCommerce functionality and navigation as a way to encourage more sales through the site.
Maeve created this fantastic online store, selling fabrics and all the materials needed for dress making. She had done a great amount of work on her own connecting all the eCommerce payment gateways, creating the framework of the site and adding a humungous amount of stock that her customers loved.
Her online following was growing, the stock selection was expanding and as a result the site was becoming hard to navigate. There were also some small, but damaging glitches were starting to appear.
What we focussed on:
We started out by really understanding who was using the site and what they were actually looking for. Maeve has a loyal and engaged community of sewists (sewing+artists=sewists) so reaching out to them offered a great opportunity to create something that really worked for the people using it.
Our main focus was functionality, ease of use and navigation, but also building and nurturing the growing community of sewists.
The website before the redesign:
What we did:
- Reached out to Maeve’s most loyal customers to ask for their input
- researched and created a more intuitive and user-friendly navigation so that existing customers could find their favourite products easily and new customers could find their way around and find what they need (so that the site generated more sales)
- used the existing logo and colour system but added new brand elements and design features that made DressFabrics.ie more distinctive as a brand and not just a website that sells fabric
- redesigned the home page of the site for desktop and mobile
- removed and repaired all the broken elements of the site so that the experience was smooth and glitch-free—which is especially important for eCommerce!
- worked on Maeve’s mission statement to support the growth of the community and get Maeve’s voice heard!
- planned and created a lead magnet to grow the mailing list
Maeve – Founder of DressFabrics.ie
More Project Stories
Good Enough Counsellors Coach website for a brand new niche. Combining multiple ideas into a simple and effective website and lead generation strategyThe Brief: Create a new website for Josephine's coaching service and set up a lead generating strategy to reach her...
ProEnglish Language coach website. Reaching a new audience with clear messaging, specific services and effective call to action.The Brief: Improve the functionality of the ProEnglish website and make it visible to a more targeted audience. Background: Vera, the site...
Living with the Moon Website rebrand and interactive calendarThe Brief: Update the Living with the Moon website and calendar system to be more appealing to its target audience and repair broken links and subscriber features. Background: Jutta, the site owner, had been...
Case Study: Artist website with eCommerce How I helped Eibhilin to take control of her site and sell her work onlineEibhilin Crosson creates beautiful contemporary artworks inspired by nature. But her site wasn't showing off her work properly. When we first met,...
Oh Lookie! A Freebie...
The Leads Online Handbook
This step by step guide will show you exactly how to consistently fill your business with leads and clients without the digital overwhelm!