Improving the user-friendlyness of an eCommerce website with loyal customer base.
Make a more branded website for DressFabrics.ie improve the eCommerce functionality and navigation as a way to encourage more sales through the site.
Maeve created this fantastic online store, selling fabrics and all the materials needed for dress making. She had done a great amount of work on her own connecting all the eCommerce payment gateways, creating the framework of the site and adding a humungous amount of stock that her customers loved.
Her online following was growing, the stock selection was expanding and as a result the site was becoming hard to navigate. There were also some small, but damaging glitches were starting to appear.
What we focussed on:
We started out by really understanding who was using the site and what they were actually looking for. Maeve has a loyal and engaged community of sewists (sewing+artists=sewists) so reaching out to them offered a great opportunity to create something that really worked for the people using it.
Our main focus was functionality, ease of use and navigation, but also building and nurturing the growing community of sewists.
The website before the redesign:
What we did:
- Reached out to Maeve’s most loyal customers to ask for their input
- researched and created a more intuitive and user-friendly navigation so that existing customers could find their favourite products easily and new customers could find their way around and find what they need (so that the site generated more sales)
- used the existing logo and colour system but added new brand elements and design features that made DressFabrics.ie more distinctive as a brand and not just a website that sells fabric
- redesigned the home page of the site for desktop and mobile
- removed and repaired all the broken elements of the site so that the experience was smooth and glitch-free—which is especially important for eCommerce!
- worked on Maeve’s mission statement to support the growth of the community and get Maeve’s voice heard!
- planned and created a lead magnet to grow the mailing list
“Big thanks to you Claire for all your help… I’ve had the busiest working time of my life in the past 4 months. I thank my lucky stars that I had the privilege of working with you to set up all the systems I have in place otherwise I would be in a shambles now.”
Maeve – Founder of DressFabrics.ie
More Project Stories
Case Study: Artist website with eCommerce How I helped Eibhilin to take control of her site and sell her work onlineEibhilin Crosson creates beautiful contemporary artworks inspired by nature. But her site wasn't showing off her work properly. When we first met,...
The 10K Month Strategy
What does it take to hit consistent 10K for your creative / 1:1 services?
Subscribe to download the checklist.