Using your obstacles as a way forward
Ditch the doubt and uncertainty and get to work!
If you want to get leads and clients online you need to have a specific plan that you can rinse and repeat to get clients every month.
But what usually happens is more like:
- You try something – it doesn’t work
- You revisit your website design (Hummm, I’m not sure about that font)
- You try a different approach on social media (Maybe I’m posting at the wrong times)
- You keep trying new random strategies (That webinar I just watched looked great, maybe I should change everything, again)
- You’re not sure if you should invest or afraid to ask for help because you’re not sure where to start (If I ask for help when I don’t know what I need, I’ll be wasting time and money! Won’t I?)
In this article, I’ll show you how to get past doubt and indecision and use your obstacles as a strategic way forward so that you can get more certainty, consistency, and income in your business.
Get a consistent flow of leads and clients online every month
Create a lead generating machine!
What’s that? A lead generating machine is when all of your online tools and efforts work together to bring you leads and clients.
- Your social media efforts drive traffic to your site
- Your site collects email addresses for your mailing list
- Your mailing list nurtures leads and you convert them into paying clients on auto-pilot.
Ideal!! And it doesn’t even have to be complicated.
- Get certain about how all the tools in your online lead generation machine work together to attract, engage and convert leads and clients.
- Get certain on how to check data and get feedback so that you can make that machine more efficient and automated over time.
- Get certain about what works and what doesn’t!
Uncertainty in any of these points means that you’re going to waste time and money! Uncertainty will keep you working hard and not earning.
Stop going back to the drawing board?
There’s a lot of conflicting information out there about how to get clients online. A webinar shows you how to use funnels, then a blog post tells you about the value of SEO, then a friend tells you that you simply HAVE to be doing Facebook ads, or Instagram stories or create a fabulous logo… the list goes on and on.
If you keep going back to the drawing board and trying out the latest new thing you’ll never see your system as a whole, you’ll only develop parts of that lead generating machine. Spinning wheels here, beeping buttons there, but nothing connects. No new leads just a lot of tools and confusion.
Build it up!
The simple truth is, if you keep reinventing, revisiting, changing, redesigning, you’re repeatedly starting from scratch instead of building out the whole system. You’ll spend a lot of time planning and learning new tools and strategies, but is all this work really bringing you leads consistently?
When you understand what works, you can focus on it. Build on it. Automate it. Get it working like a well-oiled lead-generating machine that brings you leads and clients consistently.
But this is obvious. You know this already. So what’s stopping you?
The Obstacle is the Way
(Pssst. This is the life-changing bit)
‘The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday really helped me to understand a simple concept: Understand what’s holding you back and use it as the way forward.
Just knowing this concept, without reading the book, will help you.
Take a moment.
- What do you believe is stopping you from getting leads and clients?
- Make a list.
- Brainstorm how to overcome it if there were no limits of time or money.
- Now you know exactly what you need to do—find a way to do it so that you stop going around in circles?
Talented, dedicated, fantastic offering, but no clients…
I meet a lot of talented people who have a fantastic offering, but they’re not reaching the people who need and want their services. They get distracted by freebies, online courses, quick fixes. They reinvent, tweak, start again, and go around in circles with parts of a plan, but no idea where the next paying client will come from. It’s exhausting and it doesn’t have to be like this.
Get certain about what is in your way.
Get certain about how you will use this obstacle to your strategic way forward.
There is always a way.
Rebranding -Part 1 of 3: Strategy- It's not surprising that a lot of people are considering a rebrand at the moment. If we define “brand” as who you serve and how you show up for them then it’s almost inevitable that now, (after all that’s been happening) you’d want...
New life and career coach brand and website Creating a brand based on a long-held visionAbout this projectThe brief To create a brand and website for a modern career and life coach in Ireland. Background Lisa is a successful business owner who made the leap from...
Architect website stands out from competitors Re-brand and website re-build for a client-centric architect in IrelandAbout this projectThe brief To re-brand and rebuild the website so that it stands out from its competitors. Background Tara, the founder of the...