Are you frustrated with social lately?
If you’re pouring your heart and soul into creating more and more valuable content, only to be met with a disappointing whimper of a response—raise your hand. 🙋♀️
When you go through the entire content creation process, brainstorming, editing, designing, posting, and you believe that THIS piece, THIS ONE is going to be the game-changer that will flood you with clients.
It looks great!
You’re sharing your best stuff.
And it took ages!
Then oh… aside from a few likes and comments, you get nothing. The leads you were hoping for just don’t materialise.
Showing up online and delivering value on social media is a fantastic way of nurturing and engaging with your existing audience, but if you were aiming for fresh blood, new people, new leads, this kind of posting can feel like a Sisyphean task. (High-fives to any Greek mythology geeks out there 🙌)
It can feel like you’re talking to the same group of people over and over again and they ain’t buyin’.
For solopreneurs, freelancers and small businesses without in-house marketing teams or massive ad budgets, social media can feel like the go-to for getting clients. Buuuut a lot of the things that used to work, really don’t anymore.
Times have changed, and it’s probably time to notice the changes and adapt.
As a one-person business handling everything from service-delivery to marketing to admin’ and everything in between, wasting time on social media is a luxury you can’t afford.
Your time spent on social should be serving your business.
Your content must do more than feed the hungry algorithms and occupy space—it must establish your credibility, and drive conversions.
And this doing this in a way that aligns with the brand, energy, and audience of your business means that it’s sustainable and effective – meaning, you get clients, you get paid and you have time left over to work ON your business, or ya’ know, go for a walk or something that’s NOT work.
So here’s what I’m on about….
- Social media reach is harder to get than ever. (Duh’ Claire, we know that!)
- You need to be posting a sh*t-tonne to get organic visibility that reaches NEW people. And if you have time and bandwidth for that, have at it!
- Social is STILL a great place to engage with people, but the “biggest cog” in your marketing machine is visibility. You need to be investing your time in activities that grow your audience in a way that matches your budget of time, energy and money.
- It’s time to re-position social in your mind as a tool for engagement, rather than visibility.
- There is ALWAYS potential in your current audience and network if you have the right approach.
- Having clarity on your customer journey is a POWERFUL start in order to get clarity on all this and to define your alternative, more aligned approach to visibility (psst, that’s where I come in).
- Copying other people’s post and funnels will only get you so far, but ultimately ends in MORE strategy switching and time wasting.
Oh wow, actually, I could harp on all day about this! But I shaaaaaan’t.
If you’d like to know more about what this would look like in your business, and you’re ready to take action steps towards getting more, better-fit clients with greater ease—c’mon over and book a call with me.
Thanks for reading 😀